Tuesday, June 23, 2009

day 3.



















without going into too much detail.
i have spent the last month preparing
to
go
here.
this is the Mecklenburg County courthouse.
yes.
me.
without cheapening this experience for myself
what i really want anyone who reads this to know is
that
whatever
"IT"
is
HE
can
handle
it.
i see myself as a rule follower.
not knowing at all how this was going to go absolutely
could have torn me apart.
but
instead i asked my God, my shepherd, my Father,
my protector, my friend, to take this burden from me.
to do HIS will.
to give me the words.
the courage.
the strength.
and the peace
to
handle
whatever
the
outcome.
i stand here amazed at what HE can do.
what HE does every day for you and me.
i purposefully did not share this with many people.
i knew this was not going to be something i could fight with a lot of words.
and excuses.
from
the moment
IT
happened
i knew
a
humble
prayerful
attitude
was going to get me where i needed to be.
as i prayed about this day over the last month i was very aware of what God was trying to share with me. have faith. believe in me. don't worry. enjoy your day. lay it at my feet. and the number 2.
2?
today i spent $2 for parking at the Mecklenburg County parking lot after i waited for 5 minutes in a courtroom of atleast 500 where a judge dismissed my case after hearing my humble explanation of events that lead her to understand that i would never knowingly pass a stopped school bus but was merely trying to avoid an accident.
praise
God!

Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.
Psalm 55:22

to my sweet girls still in florida....i love you. have a great day!

happy tuesday.
alicia

edited: right after i posted this blog entry. a yellow box popped onto my screen. [i don't ever get pop-ups on my computer]. the box said,
"is there a God?". i clicked on IT.

it is an article written by a former atheist.
until now.
my prayer is that this answers any doubts any of you may have.
it is yet another way that God has moved through my day.
and i thank Him so much for that.

2 comments:

jessica said...

<3 you are precious.

Catherine said...

I'm so glad your prayers were answered and you had a good outcome at the courthouse. Good for you being so brave to face your accusers and not cave on this. I love you and you are such a good roll model for your children. Stay strong! Love, Mom