Monday, September 26, 2011

you must be so patient.

gave up facebook a few months ago.
not planning on going back.
really been meaning to head back on over to the blog.
and seriously been stifled by the fact that too many wonderful things have happened.
unsure of where to start...just wanting to start back.
even if i am only talking to myself it really is therapy for me.
have missed it so.
thankful for so much right now.
the little things.
time
every
single
day
with my children
tops the list.
mornings with my husband.
time with friends.
great conversations.
good books.
no coffee. and then coffee. [this is a whole other post]
h.o.m.e.s.c.h.o.o.l.i.n.g....yes homeschooling.
we are in our 10th year.
yikes! 10 years!
the oh so selfish side of me would be fit as a fiddle.
meeting my friends at the local starbucks.
[so thankful that my friends bring the starbucks and caribou to me. wink. wink.]
but the side of me that God has so deeply immersed in His will
just
can't
imagine
even
one day
without
these monkeys.
yes, they drive me nuts.
yes, they are loud at times.
yes, yes, they are messy.
but they are my muses.
i love laughing with them.
crying with them.
hugging them.
kissing them.
talking about them.
living daily moments with them.
learning from them.
and it is all made possible by Him.
so yes, i will take the trials. the rough stuff.
and yes, sometimes my body will suffer.
and yes, i will not stay on track with our curriculum every day.
but when it is all said and done.
i answer to Him.
and He makes this a reality for me.
and for that i am so truly thankful.
funny thing.....after 10 years of doing this you'd think that the comments would have changed, but I still get
that.
comment.
the one that goes like this.
you
must
be
so
patient.
to which i have to giggle and under my breath am saying
are
you
serious?
i don't homeschool because i am patient.
i am learning to be patient BECAUSE of homeschooling.
and because i can not have a blog post without a picture.
here it is.

happy monday.
happy to be back.
alicia

3 comments:

Daddy said...

Love this post. We are so blessed to have you as our wife, mommy, and teacher.

Shannon and Elli said...

I agree Jeff!!! So so blessed are we all! Love you Alicia!

elizabeth said...

this one did my heart so much good...we are truly kindred spirits xoxo